Dave Schappell, Founder and CEO of TeachStreet joined me for the second time for the fourth episode of review:ed.
We had the following topics on our list:
1) The launch of the iPhone 4 – has it the potential to be a device for online teaching?
- KirstenWinkler.com: Three years of resistance – Why I will finally buy an iPhone
- CNET: Skype confirms wants FaceTime with Apple’s iPhone 4
2) Textbook Rentals – is Chegg a money printing machine like TechCrunch writes?
- TechCrunch: TC Teardown: Chegg is a Money Machine
3) the Kno – will dedicated devices for education work or will mainstream devices like the iPad win the market?
- D8 Conference: The Kno Demo
4) Recent Fundings in online education – Schoology and Lingueo
- TechCrunch: Schoology raises $1.25 Million for Learning Management Software
- KirstenWinkler.com: French Language Teaching Platform Lingueo receives Funding
5) TeachStreet – a turn around from freemium to premium service in 5 steps.
- TechCrunch (Guest post Dave Schappell): 5 Tips to Transition from a Free to a Paid Service
- review:ed Episode #1 with Dave Schappell of TeachStreet
- EDUKWEST Episode #13 with Dave Schappell of TeachStreet