In this episode of review:ed I was happy to be joined by one of our latest members of Team EDUKWEST. Alicia Chang, Ph.D. is the Director of Science and Learning at AiryLabs and will have her own show on science behind education startups here on EDUKWEST starting in January 2012.
Besides that she will also cover news from the Valley, visit startup founders in their offices and more.
|This Interview is sponsored by Hello-Hello – Language on the Go!
Hello-Hello couples social networking with language learning allowing users to interact with native speakers around the world directly from their mobile devices. Courses in 11 different languages available for the iPad, iPhone and Android deviceshave been developed in collaboration with the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
Facebook & Google
- Facebook piloting closed .EDU Groups [02:50]
Source: Inside Higher Ed
- Microsoft launched So.cl – Student Network built upon Facebook [07:20]
- College Tips by Google [11:04]
- YouTube for Schools [15:40]
In the Classroom
- UNESCO mobile learning week [22:00]
- Free college textbooks in California [30:00]
- MAT@USC and 2tor launch Teach.com [36:00]
- Google and Seattle angles grant $250k to Vittana [42:34]