In this episode of review:ed Chris and I invited Dr. Alicia Chang of Airy Labs to talk about good research and faculty members leaving to found education startups. We also cover Blackboard’s new UI, Voxy Academy, Amazon buying TeachStreet and if we need to be afraid of Google.
|This Interview is sponsored by Acceptly – College Prep Done Right
Acceptly is making it easier for students everywhere to get accepted to college. Increase your chances through step-by-step guidance and secrets for overcoming the admissions process. Try it for free today.
|This Interview is sponsored by Einztein – The Social Learning Network
Einztein is the social learning network for higher education and lifelong learners. Einztein brings the power of social networking to learning and enables anyone to create an online learning community for resource sharing, collaboration and discussion.
|This Interview is sponsored by Languagelab.com – Bringing the World of English to You
Languagelab.com offers total immersion in English. Learn online in Languagelab’s English City, a virtual 3D city full of real English-speakers. Discover Languagelab.com’s specially designed courses for General English, Business English, Oil & Gas and Aviation English.
- [01:40] Welcome Dr. Alicia Chang of Airy Labs.
- [02:30] How to judge if Research is trustworthy
- [21:48] Stanford Faculty launching online teaching startup
- [34:40] Thank you to our sponsor Acceptly – College Prep Done Right
- [38:33] Chris reports from his call with Blackboard – overhauling the UI
- [50:53] Voxy launching Voxy Academy – ESL Classroom / Lab in the company HQ in New York
- [54:50] The state of language teaching in public schools – US and Europe
- [1:06:53] Thank you to our sponsor Einztein – The Social Learning Network
- [1:08:43] Amazon acquired TeachStreet – shuts it down on February 15th
- [1:16:55] Do we need to fear Google?