The first review:ed episode of 2012 started as the last episode of 2011 – with Christopher Dawson, contributing editor at ZDNet joining me to talk about the stories in education that happened during the first week of the new year.
We talked about the Apple textbook rumors, Coursekit’s funding, Khan Academy’s newest faculty member and and tablets, tablets, …
|This Interview is sponsored by Languagelab.com – Bringing the World of English to You
We all know the best way to learn a language is to be in a place where everyone speaks it. Languagelab.com offers exactly that – total immersion in English. Learn online in Languagelab’s English City, a virtual 3D city full of real English-speakers.
Discover their specially designed courses for General English, Business English, Oil & Gas and Aviation English. Go to corporate.languagelab.com
- [02:34] Coursekit raises $5 million for free Learning Management System
- [06:15] Moodle as CMS
- [09:42] What’s the most interesting to focus on as edtech writer this year?
- [12:30] Apple event about textbooks?
- [20:20] Classpad – Indian Tablet with Integrated AI to rate Students starting at $140 USD
- [25:19] Aakash hits 1.4 million preorders
- [28:50] Rumor: Google building $199 7-inch Nexus Tablet with ICS
- [34:43] Kids like 7 inch tablet better
- [40:30] Barnes & Noble Mulls Splitting Nook Business And Selling “Dead Tree” Publishing Company
- [44:20] Vi Hart, Khan Academy’s newest faculty member
Source: Hack Education