In a further step to become the de facto online resume, LinkedIn announced the extension of its Add to Profile program to colleges and universities. The program initially launched last year with professional providers in the continuing and vocational education space.
With the extension, colleges and universities can invite their graduates to add their degrees with a click of a button to their LinkedIn profiles. This can be done through a widget on the university’s website or via a link in an email.
Initially, thirteen institutions signed up for the new Add to Profile option, namely Arizona State University; Kaplan University; University of California, San Diego; Villanova University; George Washington University; Full Sail University; University of Manchester; University of Cambridge; Universitas Indonesia; The Open University; Algonquin College; Keio University; and the University of Melbourne.
- LinkedIn Opens Up Profiles to Higher Education Partners with One-Click Program | LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Expands Efforts to Help Colleges Keep in Touch With Students and Alumni | The Chronicle
- LinkedIn Extends Self-Service Profile Widget To College And University Sites, No LinkedIn Visit Required | TechCrunch
- LinkedIn launches Add-to-Profile for Certifications | EDUKWEST
- LinkedIn pilots Direct-to-Profile Certifications with Coursera, edX, Lynda, Udemy | EDUKWEST