If you happen to be in NYC on November 28th, here is a nice event you might want to check out.
Bryan Birsic is going to moderate a panel discussion around the topic: Disrupt Education!
The panelists are
- San Kim, co-founder of ShowMe (watch our EDUKWEST interview)
- Jen Medbury, co-founder of Kickboard
- Brian Tobal, co-founder of Veri (read my article)
- Danya Cheskis-Gold, Community Manager of Skillshare and formerly of Teach For America
Discussion topics include
- In what fields and with what approaches have new education entrants had success?
- What are the key challenges facing disruptive education startups and orgs?
- How can education startups overcome the accreditation system?
- How do you convince mainstream learners to try alternative education options?
- What strategies have been successful to get into the classroom?
The event will start with a 30 minute networking part followed by a 60 minute panel discussion and will end with a 30 minute Q&A.
Tickets cost $10 USD and all proceeds go to hackNY.
On October 21st Jason Calacanis will host the LAUNCH Pad Tablet Conference in the Microsoft Silicon Valley Conference Center in Mountain View. EDUKWEST is happy to announce that we got 5 tickets to the event to give to our readers.
The LAUNCH Pad Tablet Conference is about the way tablets, especially the iPad, has changed the user’s lives in the past 17 months. In a recent blog post Calacanis predicted that tablets would become our main consumption device.
The lineup of speakers and presenters at the event reads as a who-is-who of the tablet market
- Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote
- Woody Sears, founder of zuuka
- Jason Baptiste, CEO of OnSwipe
- Michael Mullany, CEO of Sencha
- Amit Jardosh, co-founder of Ubersense
- David Temkin, head of Aol Mobile, Editions
- Aya Zook, senior product manager, Bing
- Danfung Dennis, CEO, ConditionOne
- Michael Nusimow, CEO, Drchrono
- Osman Rashid, CEO, Kno (watch our EDUKWEST interview)
- Ryan Stoner, CEO, MoPix
- Ole Lutjens, chief creative officer, MX
- Robb Myer, CEO, NoWait
- Mark Hall, CEO of Remixation, Showyou app
- Vince Baskerville, co-founder, TripLingo (watch our EDUKWEST interview)
- Joe Robins, community evangelist, Unity Technologies
- Mark Johnson, CEO, Zite
In order to receive one of the 5 tickets, you need to
- Subscribe to the free EDUKWEST newsletter
- Answer the questions “How would you use iPad in an educational context? What products would you build for teachers to use or you think students would like to learn with?” in the comments below this post.
The proposals with the most likes by Friday Oct.14 will each receive one free ticket to the LAUNCH Pad Tablet Conference.
We’re keen on reading about your ideas and wish you the best of luck!