As part of its $350 million commitment to education, AT&T announced the opening of the AT&T Aspire Accelerator program. The program aims to support edtech startups with social impact with a special focus on solutions for at-risk students.
For-profit participants in the AT&T Aspire Accelerator will receive $50,000 in return for 5% equity, non-profits will receive a general contribution and need to submit impact measurements. AT&T will also cover travel expenses and other costs associated with the program for up to $25,000 as participants don’t need to relocate for the accelerator.
Other perks of the accelerator include the usual mentorship from industry experts and national promotion through the AT&T Aspire Initiative.
The application is open to any organization in the United States that uses technology to support students’ educational and workforce success including but not limited to
- mobile applications that drive education outcomes
- platforms for teachers, students and/or parents
- learning and curriculum management tools
- assessment and outcome tracking platforms
- education distribution (online instruction, courses, etc.)
- increased access for existing best practices
Applications can be submitted via the Aspire Accelerator website until February 20th 2015. The program will kick off in May and end in October with a demo day.
- AT&T Aspire Launches Ed-Tech Accelerator Focused On Social Impact | PR Newswire