Students who are enrolled in one of the graduate programs offered by 2U’s partner universities and colleges can now enroll in select courses from other 2U-enabled programs the company announced on Thursday at the first 2U Symposium in Santa Monica.
At launch nine 2U partner programs take part in the cross-university enrollment initiative, offering more than 50 courses. The aim is to allow students to expand their studies to areas that may not be offered within their own graduate program.
Full release after the break.
2U’s University Partners to Offer Cross-University Course Enrollment
More than 50 Courses to Be Offered as Part of the New Initiative
SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU), a leading provider of cloud-based software-as-a-service solutions for leading nonprofit colleges and universities to deliver high-quality education to qualified students anywhere, announced today a new cross-university course enrollment initiative. This is an opportunity for students in 2U-enabled graduate programs to enroll in select courses from other 2U-enabled programs. The new initiative was announced today at the first annual 2U Symposium in Santa Monica, California, a gathering of education innovators and leaders from 2U’s network of partner colleges and universities.
Nine 2U partner programs are participating in the initiative, and more than 50 courses from the network will be available to students in these programs. Through this cross-program initiative, students will have an opportunity to expand their studies to areas that may not be offered within their own graduate program. Students will also have the chance to grow their professional networks and learn from renowned professors in a range of fields.
The following online degree programs are participating in the cross-program initiative:
- @WashULaw: a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law from Washington University School of Law
- datascience@berkeley: a Master of Information and Data Science from the UC Berkeley School of Information
- International Relations Online: a Master of Arts in International Relations from the American University School of International Service
- MBA@UNC: a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- MPA@UNC: a Master of Public Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government
- MPH@GW: a Master of Public Health from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University
- MSW@USC: a Master of Social Work from the University of Southern California School of Social Work
- Nursing@Simmons: a Master of Science in Nursing from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- USC Rossier Online: a Master of Arts in Teaching from the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
As with all 2U partner programs, courses offered through this cross-program initiative will be delivered through 2U’s online platform. All courses will feature live seminar-style weekly classes, highly produced self-paced course materials that can be accessed 24/7, and robust student support services.
“2U and its university partners are taking an unprecedented step in breaking down barriers students face when trying to expand their educational experiences,”
says Chip Paucek, 2U co-founder and CEO.
“We are excited to act as the facilitator for this initiative, helping our university partners collaborate to allow students around the world expand their curricular options.”
Each participating school determines eligibility for enrollment. To learn more about the cross-program course enrollment initiative, visit the program sites above for participation guidelines and details.
About 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Founded in 2008 by a team of education and technology veterans, 2U enables leading colleges and universities to deliver their high-quality education to qualified students anywhere. Our cloud-based software-as-a-service platform provides schools with the comprehensive operating infrastructure they need to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate their students. Our mission is to enable the education our clients provide to reach its highest potential so students can reach theirs. To learn more, go to 2U.com. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/2u), Twitter (http://twitter.com/2Uinc) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/2u).
Shirley Chow, 2U, Inc.
SOURCE 2U, Inc.